- The Sad Hour: Rare 1900s Coffin Plaque Used to Indicate the Time of Death
This rare and early coffin plaque includes a clock used to indicate time of death.
- Posted December 31, 2016
- What Do the Colors of a Barber’s Pole Mean?
Why do barber poles have red and white stripes? Because your local barber shop used to offer a lot more than just a shave and a haircut.
- Posted December 23, 2016
- Odd Fellows Ceremonial Coffin
Antique Odd Fellows coffin used for initiation ceremonies for sale on ebay.
- Posted December 22, 2016
- Santa the Turkish Necromancer
The latest episode of Ask a Mortician sets out to ruin Santa with a macabre look at the history of our modern Christmas icon.
- Posted December 21, 2016
- The Dr. Seuss Collection of Unorthodox Taxidermy
Everyone knows the work of Dr. Seuss, great American poet, illustrator, children's book author...and taxidermist of things that don't exist.
- Posted December 20, 2016
- The World’s Largest Truck is the Ultimate Mobile Home
Built by the eccentric Rainbow Sheikh, this 64:1 scale Dodge Power Wagon has an entire home inside...and it can be driven, too.
- Posted December 16, 2016
- Under the Knife Returns!
The fascinating web series from Dr. Lindsey Fitzharris explores bizarre, quirky, and sometimes outright disturbing stories from the dark corners of medical history.
- Posted December 8, 2016
- Minnesota Krampus Brings Old World Folklore to Modern Christmas
This raucous group of Krampus and hexen is steeped in folklore and working to bring authentic Alpine holiday traditions to the Midwest.
- Posted December 5, 2016