- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Sculpture Being Installed to Mark Rendlesham UFO Incident
A sculpture is being installed at the site of the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in Suffolk. The incident, which occurred in December of 1980, is now regarded as one of the biggest UFO mysteries in the UK, if not worldwide.
Over a period of three nights, dozens of US serviceman from the nearby United States Air Force Base witnessed lights in the forest. Believing it to be a downed aircraft, they entered the forest to investigate. They described what they found as a strange glowing object, metallic in appearance, with colored lights. It had landed in the forest on triangular landing gear, which left impressions visible on the ground the following morning.
The sculpture is being placed in the clearing where the craft had landed, now part of the Forestry Commission’s UFO Trail. It was designed based on sketches and descriptions of the incident, including the symbols copied from the body of the craft by eyewitness Sgt. Jim Penniston, who claimed to have actually touched the craft before it flew away.
via BBC News