- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Sculpture Being Installed to Mark Rendlesham UFO Incident
A sculpture is being installed at the site of the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in Suffolk. The incident, which occurred in December of 1980, is now regarded as one of the biggest UFO mysteries in the UK, if not worldwide.
Over a period of three nights, dozens of US serviceman from the nearby United States Air Force Base witnessed lights in the forest. Believing it to be a downed aircraft, they entered the forest to investigate. They described what they found as a strange glowing object, metallic in appearance, with colored lights. It had landed in the forest on triangular landing gear, which left impressions visible on the ground the following morning.
The sculpture is being placed in the clearing where the craft had landed, now part of the Forestry Commission’s UFO Trail. It was designed based on sketches and descriptions of the incident, including the symbols copied from the body of the craft by eyewitness Sgt. Jim Penniston, who claimed to have actually touched the craft before it flew away.
via BBC News