- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Woolly Mammoth Antiques & Oddities
There are not too many places where you can find a stuffed badger and a giant Millenium Falcon on the same shelf, or original E.T. and He-Man toys alongside the likes of pickled pig fetuses, alligator lamps, Atari 2600 games, an anchor pulled from an unknown shipwreck in Lake Michigan near Door County, WI and Clancy the Dancing Squirrel.
The only thing more fascinating than the vintage taxidermy, skulls, teeth, creepy medical devices and other items are the bizarre stories that come with them and the people who find them.
Had I not been broke going in, I definitely would have come out with more creatures than the car could handle. Clancy would have had to ride home on the roof.
Woolly Mammoth Antiques & Oddities is located at 1513 W. Foster Ave., Chicago, IL 60640
One day Clancy…you will be mine!