- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
World Record Black Sea Bass
These vintage photos depict fisherman with their world record black sea bass caught off of California’s Catalina Island.
A world’s record 384-pound black sea bass caught by Franklin Schenck of Brooklyn with rod and reel off Catalina Island, California, on August 17, 1900.
World record (1905) black sea bass caught by John T. Perkins at Catalina Island on June 3rd, 1905. The fish weighed in at 428 lbs. and took 57 minutes to land on rod and reel. Geo. Farnsworth – Boatman.