- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
World Record Black Sea Bass
These vintage photos depict fisherman with their world record black sea bass caught off of California’s Catalina Island.
A world’s record 384-pound black sea bass caught by Franklin Schenck of Brooklyn with rod and reel off Catalina Island, California, on August 17, 1900.
World record (1905) black sea bass caught by John T. Perkins at Catalina Island on June 3rd, 1905. The fish weighed in at 428 lbs. and took 57 minutes to land on rod and reel. Geo. Farnsworth – Boatman.