- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Bad Taxidermy Vol. 1
Taxidermists are responsible for preserving the animal kingdom through an expert knowledge of anatomy, chemistry and other delicate sciences, as well as the mastery of sewing, sculpture and myriad other skills necessary to bring an the empty skin back to life in all its elegance, beauty and power.
And then there are those who just wing it.
Let’s take a moment to acknowledge these fine achievements in the field of taxidermy with the Cult of Weird and our first collection of animal atrocities!
A drunken fox?
The king of beasts. Undeniably.
He’s got the crazy eye.
Good ol’ Fido
What is this…?
Howling at the moon. While a squirrel steals your nuts.
Fluffy the family cat was just never the same after he got into the medicine cabinet.
Fox. Sitting on a chair.
Some taxidermists used to stuff taxidermy mounts with sawdust. This leopard got the whole log.
Expertly crafted moose mount.
They are truly majestic, aren’t they?
If you have some photos of bad taxidermy, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org!