- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Jim Skull’s Elaborate Human Skull Sculptures Transcend Death
When he was eight years old in New Caledonia, Jim Faure found a human skull. Needless to say, it changed him forever and sent him down a unique artistic path. He now goes by the name Jim Skull, a fitting title considering his medium.
Jim’s skulls are elaborately created out of a variety of materials, revealing hints of Jim’s inspiration from his travels. Some skulls seem grown from nature, while others resemble tribal ritual objects. Whatever the style, Jim’s sculptures have an organic and transcendent nature that expresses a deep beauty in the inevitable finality of life.
See more on his website right here.