- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Creating the Freak Show: The Rough and Ready Sideshow by Ransom & Mitchell
Duo Ransom & Mitchell brought their unique flavor of photography and digital art to the freak show with the Rough and Ready Sideshow series.
The Rough & Ready Sideshow series from photographer Jason Mitchell and digital artist Stacey Ransom reinvents the vintage cabinet cards of yore with a colorful whimsy that is both alluring and bizarre.
To create the intricate details of these circus portraits, Ransom & Mitchell sew costumes, build sets and fabricate props, then digitally paint the final touches that couldn’t be done in studio.
The Ransom & Mitchell retrospective exhibition at Vanilla Gallery in Ginza, Japan ends tomorrow.
Rough & Ready Sideshow by Ransom & Mitchell
A menagerie of timeless tales and rare specimens lovingly recreated in remembrance of the once-common traveling carnivale, thus saved from the obscurity of antiquity.
Miss Heady L’Amour
Jewels of the Nile
The Final Act
The Pharaoh’s Daughters
Two Halves & A Whole
Doctor Huckleberry Schuxley
Shkiper & the Maneken
More work by Ransom & Mitchell here: www.ransommitchell.com