- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Beware the Stairs
Stairs are the second most common cause of accidental death, ranking only below car accidents.
The World Health Organization’s mortality statistics for fall on and from stairs and steps deaths are surprisingly high, typically with the U.S. leading the way. In 2000 the U.S. ranked number one for total reported deaths from stairs at 1,307.