- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
More Cannibalism in the News
The bizarre cannibal attacks last month were not the end of what is surely a zombie apocalypse on the rise. Two new cases have come to light that are equally disturbing.
Homeless Woman Grabs Baby, Tires to Eat Arm
On July 21st, 2011 a homeless woman in downtown Los Angeles unbuckled a 4-month-old baby boy from a stroller and pulled him out by the leg, swinging him overhead before slamming him into a rail. The mother and her sister managed to fight the homeless woman off, who was eventually identified as Natasha Hubbard and arrested.
In an interview with detectives, Hubbard confirmed she tried to break the baby’s arm off to eat it.
Professor Cuts Off, Eats Adulterous Wife’s Lips
A professor in Sweden, suspecting his young wife was having an affair, decided to punish her by disfiguring her in a fit of jealousy. He cut off her lips and then ate them to make sure they could not be sewn back on.
Sounds like a pretty effective method to me.