- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Boy Finds Mummified Corpse Hanging in Abandoned House
News is sweeping the internet about a twelve-year-old boy who discovered a mummified corpse hanging in the closet while he was exploring an abandoned house in Dayton, Ohio. Authorities say the corpse belonged to a suicide victim who went unnoticed for five years. The closet kept the body sheltered from sunlight, humidity and insects, allowing it to mummify naturally so an unsuspecting child would one day stumble upon it.
The boy’s mother told reporters she believes he may be scarred for life. However, for many of us cursed with a morbid sense of curiosity, this sounds like the best day ever.
Sharing the daily weird news with the Cult is my favorite part of every day, as the comments section tends to provide an endless source of entertainment. Some are sympathetic, some are completely appalled, some just think any unusual sounds like a great time. This comment, in response to some of the more negative posts, makes me proud:
Yes, we sure do like mummified corpses around here, don’t we? Thank you, Bob!
See the rest of the great comments right here.