- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Boy Finds Mummified Corpse Hanging in Abandoned House
News is sweeping the internet about a twelve-year-old boy who discovered a mummified corpse hanging in the closet while he was exploring an abandoned house in Dayton, Ohio. Authorities say the corpse belonged to a suicide victim who went unnoticed for five years. The closet kept the body sheltered from sunlight, humidity and insects, allowing it to mummify naturally so an unsuspecting child would one day stumble upon it.
The boy’s mother told reporters she believes he may be scarred for life. However, for many of us cursed with a morbid sense of curiosity, this sounds like the best day ever.
Sharing the daily weird news with the Cult is my favorite part of every day, as the comments section tends to provide an endless source of entertainment. Some are sympathetic, some are completely appalled, some just think any unusual sounds like a great time. This comment, in response to some of the more negative posts, makes me proud:
Yes, we sure do like mummified corpses around here, don’t we? Thank you, Bob!
See the rest of the great comments right here.