- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Smithsonian Giant Skeleton Conspiracy
Newspapers of the 19th century reported many discoveries of giant human skeletons, which have since seemingly vanished without a trace. Is the lack of evidence proof of a Smithsonian conspiracy to cover up their existence, or proof of the rampant hoaxes running amok in journalism at the time?
Micah Hanks explores the evidence a little deeper, uncovering reliable stories and eyewitness accounts detailing the discovery of large skeletons reported by the Smithsonian itself, with clues as to the fate of these bizarre and mysterious remains.
Read the article: Big Buried Secrets: Giant Skeletons and the Smithsonian
- Mound Builders and the Giants of Ancient America
- Giant Skeletons Found in Wisconsin
- Search for the Lost Giants