- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Atlas of Cursed Places
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
Confessions of a Funeral Director
Watch the promo video for the upcoming book Confessions of a Funeral Director by Caleb Wilde.
Caleb Wilde is a sixth-generation funeral director and the death positive blogger of Confessions of a Funeral Director. Now he’s bringing his unique insight and experiences to a book of the same name.
From the video description:
We are a people who deeply fear death. While humans are biologically wired to evade death for as long as possible, we have become too adept at hiding from it, vilifying it, and—when it can be avoided no longer—letting the professionals take over.
Sixth-generation funeral director Caleb Wilde understands this reticence and fear. He had planned to get as far away from the family business as possible. He wanted to make a difference in the world, and how could he do that if all the people he worked with were . . . dead? Slowly, he discovered that caring for the deceased and their loved ones was making a difference—in other people’s lives to be sure, but it also seemed to be saving his own. A spirituality of death began to emerge as he observed:
• The family who lovingly dressed their deceased father for his burial
• The act of embalming a little girl that offered a gift back to her grieving family
• The nursing home that honored a woman’s life by standing in procession as her body was taken away
• The funeral that united a conflicted community
Through stories like these, told with equal parts humor and poignancy, Wilde offers an intimate look into the business and a new perspective on living and dying.
Confessions of a Funeral Director will be available September 26.