- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Russian Man Dug Up, Mummified Remains of 150 Girls
Russian man robbed graves of 150 young girls to make grisly collection of mummified dolls with the remains and have birthday parties.
46-year-old Russian historian Anatoly Moskvin, who was found with mummified human remains in his Nizhni Novgorod home at the time of his 2011 arrest, has spent the last three years being monitored at a psychiatric clinic. Despite being described as a genius, he has been found not mentally fit to stand trial.
Moskvin had dug up the remains of as many as 150 girls between the ages of three and twelve. He brought them back to his home where he dressed them up in dresses and stockings, named them and gave them birthday parties. He had compiled information about the lives of each girl and used information printed from a computer to mummify the remains and create dolls.
One girl was even made into a teddy bear.
via Daily Mail