- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Similar to the Iron Spider, the Breast Ripper was an instrument of torture used for interrogation and punishment in Germany and France from 1599 until the nineteenth century. It would be heated up and used to slowly tear off or shred the breast of a woman accused of adultery, abortion, heresy, blasphemy and other crimes.