- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Used Casket Left on Street in Brooklyn
Old coffin covered in mud found on the street in Brooklyn with human remains and trash inside. Police found no sign of vandalized graves in nearby cemeteries.
Police responded to an odd 911 call on Wednesday – someone was very unhappy to find an old coffin in the spot where they normally park their car. Inside the dried mud-covered coffin, officers found human bones and trash. It was determined to be about 25 years old.
A search of nearby cemeteries revealed no disturbed graves.
The area is apparently a common dumping ground for unwanted furniture, but according to the NYPD 83rd Precinct, dumping a coffin is “not cool.”
Nobody knows who dumped a casket with no body in it. Investigation is ongoing 2 find the people responsible. Not Cool pic.twitter.com/RgOJiQk6oh
— NYPD 83rd Precinct (@NYPD83Pct) May 6, 2015
Maybe someone was just doing some spring cleaning and decided to get rid of that weird old coffee table….
via New York