- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Used Casket Left on Street in Brooklyn
Old coffin covered in mud found on the street in Brooklyn with human remains and trash inside. Police found no sign of vandalized graves in nearby cemeteries.
Police responded to an odd 911 call on Wednesday – someone was very unhappy to find an old coffin in the spot where they normally park their car. Inside the dried mud-covered coffin, officers found human bones and trash. It was determined to be about 25 years old.
A search of nearby cemeteries revealed no disturbed graves.
The area is apparently a common dumping ground for unwanted furniture, but according to the NYPD 83rd Precinct, dumping a coffin is “not cool.”
Nobody knows who dumped a casket with no body in it. Investigation is ongoing 2 find the people responsible. Not Cool pic.twitter.com/RgOJiQk6oh
— NYPD 83rd Precinct (@NYPD83Pct) May 6, 2015
Maybe someone was just doing some spring cleaning and decided to get rid of that weird old coffee table….
via New York