- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Video: Cremation of a Human Body
Recently, I had the opportunity to explore the Midwest’s first crematory, built in 1896 beneath the Landmark Chapel of Milwaukee’s historic Forest Home Cemetery. While it was fascinating to see the coffin elevator, the winter storage vault, and the retorts where bodies were reduced to nothing more than bone fragments for over one hundred years, it was nothing compared to this.
This video shows the entire cremation process from beginning to end, from the body being pushed into the flames to the final processing of the cremains.