- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
The Screw-In Coffin
Inventor Donald Scruggs patented the Easy Inter Burial Container, a coffin that screws into the ground to enable easier interment and space-saving vertical burials. Three different lid options allow for customization of your eternal rest: burial container half interred, fully interred with a plaque, or fully interred with a headstone.
Related: A Brief History of Coffin Screws
Read the patent here: Easy Inter Burial Container
Looking for other strange ways to spend eternity?