- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
The Screw-In Coffin
Inventor Donald Scruggs patented the Easy Inter Burial Container, a coffin that screws into the ground to enable easier interment and space-saving vertical burials. Three different lid options allow for customization of your eternal rest: burial container half interred, fully interred with a plaque, or fully interred with a headstone.
Related: A Brief History of Coffin Screws
Read the patent here: Easy Inter Burial Container
Looking for other strange ways to spend eternity?