- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Peculiars Revealed in First Images from Tim Burton’s Miss Peregrine Adaptation
The first images of the peculiar children have been revealed from Tim Burton’s adaptation of the Miss Peregrine novel by Ransom Riggs.
Much to the excitement of peculiars everywhere, Entertainment Weekly has unveiled the first images from Tim Burton’s film adaptation of the 2011 best-selling novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
The book follows the story of Jacob Portman, a boy whose search for the truth behind the strange bedtime yarns his grandfather used to weave leads him to an island with a ruined orphanage covered in layers of dust and secrets.
Author Ransom Riggs crafted the narrative around the unusual subjects in his personal collection of vintage found photos, enhanced with some mild Photoshop work to add a touch of magic and mystery.
While it’s obviously way too early to decide if this movie will do the source material the justice it deserves, it’s safe to say the Burton’s peculiar children look like they jumped right off the pages of Riggs’ imaginative series.
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Book Trailer
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children hits theaters September 30.