- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Watch the New Trailer for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
The first trailer for Tim Burton’s upcoming film Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is here, and it is definitely…peculiar.
Two weeks ago we got our first look at Miss Peregrine and her peculiar children in Tim Burton’s adaptation of the novel. Now we have the first trailer for the upcoming film, which, upon first watch, really feels like it captures the wonder and mystery of the world Ransom Riggs created.
With a few exceptions.
The trailer gives us a good look at the peculiars, including the eerie twins, Millard the invisible boy, and Miss Peregrine herself. But there seems to be one glaring deviation from the original story so far – is that supposed to be Emma Bloom, Jacob’s love interest, floating in the air instead of creating fire?
Later, we also get a glimpse of Samuel L. Jackson with creepy glowing eyes, as well as what seems to be a rather comically-rendered hollowgast creature that looks like something between Marvel’s Venom and Slenderman.
Despite the weird character changes and the unfortunate hollow CGI, I’m still trying to stay optimistic. How do you think the trailer adds up?