- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- Milwaukee Parent Wants Teacher Fired for Using Ouija Board in Class
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
The Quay Brothers in 35mm
The Quay Brothers in 35mm showcases a selection of dark and moody short films by stop-motion animators Stephen and Timothy Quay.
Director Christopher Nolan is taking a curated collection of short films by the Brothers Quay on tour. The presentation includes the films In Absentia, The Comb, and Street of Crocodiles, as well as Nolan’s new documentary Quay, on all new 35mm prints.
The Quay Brothers, Stephen and Timothy, are known for their dark, moody, and often nightmarish work with puppets and stop-motion animation.
Street of Crocodiles (1986)
The Comb (1991)
In Absentia (2000)
A collection of short films by the Brothers Quay is available right here. The Blu-Ray, available October 20th, will include three more recent films, as well as Nolan’s documentary.
For tour dates and other info head over to Zeitgeist Films.