- Weekend Weird: Valentine’s Edition
This week's roundup of weird news includes big rockets, deep space penetration, and a man with an extraterrestrial lover.
- Posted February 9, 2018
- The William Burke Museum in Edinburgh Has Just One Macabre Exhibit
The world's smallest museum has only one exhibit: A piece of executed grave robber and murderer William Burke.
- Posted January 23, 2018
- Inside the Haunted Tallmann House: Photos from the Bizarre 1988 Case
Photos surface from the 1988 paranormal investigation of the Tallmann house and the haunted bunk beds that drove the family from their home.
- Posted January 11, 2018
- Weird Year in Review: The Best Weird News and Oddities of 2017
A roundup of the weirdest news and most popular posts from Cult of Weird for 2017.
- Posted December 29, 2017
- The Silver Bridge Collapsed 50 Years Ago After a Series of Bizarre Mothman Sightings
After a series of bizarre Mothman sightings in Point Pleasant, the Silver Bridge collapsed into the icy waters of the Ohio River and took 46 lives with it.
- Posted December 15, 2017
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Ed Gein
Watch this video before you plan your field trip to Plainfield.
- Posted December 14, 2017
- Weekend Weird: Merry Cultmas Edition
Christmas monsters, pieces of saints, and the joy of Scary Christmas in this week's roundup of weird news and media.
- Posted December 8, 2017
- Watch: Heilung Live at Castlefest 2017
Heilung brings the pagan sounds of the Northern European Iron Age and the Viking Period to the stage with lyrics from ancient texts and rune stones.
- Posted December 7, 2017
- Bone of St. Nicholas Dated to Correct Era
A fragment of bone believed to be a relic of St. Nick, the historical figure who inspired our modern Santa, has been dated to the 4th century.
- Posted December 6, 2017
- Lizzie Borden’s Maplecroft Mansion is For Sale
Own the house where Lizzie Borden lived out her life after the brutal murders she was acquitted of.
- Posted November 30, 2017
- Cult of Weird 2017 Holiday Gift Guide
The gift guide for those of us who would rather find our stockings stuffed with the feet they came from.
- Posted November 23, 2017
- What Happened to Ed Gein’s Gravestone?
For almost two decades now, visitors to the grave of Ed Gein have found the Wisconsin killer's grave unmarked. This is why.
- Posted November 16, 2017
- Weekend Weird: Post-Halloween Blues Edition
Trick or treat meth, haunted dolls, Chicago mothman attack and more in this week's roundup of weird news and media.
- Posted November 3, 2017
- History Bones: Artist Lee Harper Recreates Strange History with Miniature Skeletons
Explore the scenes of some of history's most deranged moments with these incredibly detailed and macabre dioramas by artist Lee Harper.
- Posted November 2, 2017