- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Lina Medina: Youngest Mom Ever
Lina Medina, pictured above with her doctor and her 11-month-old son, was born September 27, 1933. At the age of five years, seven months and 17 days she gave birth to a six pound baby boy, becoming the youngest confirmed mother in medical history.
Gerardo, named after the doctor, was raised as Lina’s brother. He did not learn that she was his mother until he was ten. The biological father was never discovered, and how a five-year-old girl became pregnant is still a complete medical mystery.