- Morbid Must-Reads: 2017 Fall Reading List
- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
The Opthalmophantome, or eye phantom, is an antique surgical tool used to train ophthalmologists circa the 1900s. Pig eyes were placed in the eye sockets.
There isn’t much more information available on these ominous looking contraptions. They are extremely rare and seem to be held mostly in private collections. They pop up in auctions from time to time.