- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Giant Killer Asian Hornets
These giant Asian hornets have been responsible for at least 42 deaths, and 1,675 have been injured in the Shaanxi province of China since July. The venom of the Vespa mandarinia destroys red blood cells, which can lead to kidney failure and death.
They are known to chase people for hundreds of meters and stinging their victims as many as two hundred times.