- Morbid Must-Reads: 2017 Fall Reading List
- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
The Immortal Jellyfish
The Turritopsis nutricula jellyfish is the only thing known to man to achieve biological immortality. By renewing cells through a process of cell transdifferentiation, the hydrozoan continually reverts back to an immature polyp stage.
Theoretically, the jellyfish should be able to live indefinitely through this process if it doesn’t fall victim to a predator or disease.