- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Missing Man Found Inside the Belly of a Python
Villagers on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi discovered a missing man had been attacked and swallowed by a massive 23-foot python.
A video (below) from an Indonesian news source shows villagers on the island of Sulawesi cutting open an engorged python to find the body of a missing man.
25-year-old Akbar hadn’t returned from tending to his palm oil crops on Sunday. On Monday, a search party set out to find him. They first came upon Akbar’s picking tool and a boot amongst scattered palm oil fruit, but then they stumbled upon the culprit – a 23-foot reticulated python swollen with it’s most recent meal.
When they cut the snake open, they were horrified to discover that it’s last meal was, in fact, Akbar.
A wound found on his neck indicated to them that he had been attacked from behind. Reticulated pythons latch onto their victims with rows of sharp teeth, and then squeeze them to death.