- Morbid Must-Reads: 2017 Fall Reading List
- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
Missing Man Found Inside the Belly of a Python
Villagers on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi discovered a missing man had been attacked and swallowed by a massive 23-foot python.
A video (below) from an Indonesian news source shows villagers on the island of Sulawesi cutting open an engorged python to find the body of a missing man.
25-year-old Akbar hadn’t returned from tending to his palm oil crops on Sunday. On Monday, a search party set out to find him. They first came upon Akbar’s picking tool and a boot amongst scattered palm oil fruit, but then they stumbled upon the culprit – a 23-foot reticulated python swollen with it’s most recent meal.
When they cut the snake open, they were horrified to discover that it’s last meal was, in fact, Akbar.
A wound found on his neck indicated to them that he had been attacked from behind. Reticulated pythons latch onto their victims with rows of sharp teeth, and then squeeze them to death.