- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Milwaukee Parent Wants Teacher Fired for Using Ouija Board in Class
The unnamed parent claims her son is now having nightmares after his teacher used a Ouija board in the classroom.
A parent claims her 5-year-old is now having nightmares and is scared of the dark ever since the February 24th incident in which, as she described, “They were shutting off the lights and making it dark and talking to spirits. That’s not something that should be at school.”
In an email to the outraged parent, the teacher explained, “The kids have been asking for a scary story and I got the board and moved the paper clip to answer some of their questions. They asked about scary characters in movies. I did not say there were spirits. It was all done in fun. I understand your concern. It was silly and I’m sorry. I will take the board home and this won’t happen again.”
She said the Ouija board had been in the classroom since Halloween.
The mother is asking school officials for the teacher to be fired. She has been placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.
Related Ouija Board posts:
- History of the Ouija board
- The exorcist’s grave in Milwaukee
- Haunted hotel sets world record for largest Ouija board
I’m no educator (or uptight parent), but wouldn’t a Ouija board be a really great tool to help bring up those spelling test scores?