- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Haunted Hotel Sets World Record For Largest Ouija Board
The haunted Grand Midway Hotel in Windber, PA set the first ever Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Ouija board.
The Grand Midway Hotel in Windber, PA has a long history of ghostly occurrences emanating from it’s sordid past, including ghost miners, prostitutes, and even the spirit of a little girl who may be buried in the basement. So when owner Blair Murphy was looking for something to fill the giant blank canvas of the roof, a Ouija board just seemed natural.
Murphy contacted Guinness World Records for the dimensions of the largest Ouija board, and discovered a category for talking boards didn’t even exist. They let him know what to do, and he got to work along with his girlfriend Camille Zamboni and friends.
The board, completed in October 2016, measures 44 feet by 29 feet with a 10-foot planchette on wheels. It was officially named the World’s Largest Ouija Board by Guinness on October 28.
The record says:
The largest Ouija board measures 121.01 m² (1,302.54 ft²), achieved by Blair Murphy and Team Grand Midway (USA) in Windber, Pennsylvania, USA, on 28 October 2016.
The Ouija board was created on the roof of the Grand Midway Hotel, whose haunted reputation contributed to the inspiration for this record attempt.