- Morbid Must-Reads: 2017 Fall Reading List
- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
LSD Experiments: The Confused Cat
This 1960 US military Research and Development progress report film depicts a cat under the influence of a hallucinogenic chemical. These experiments were most likely part of MKULTRA, an illegal and covert mind control program run by the CIA in the 1950s and 60s.
MKULTRA employed a variety of techniques in hopes of achieving the ability to manipulate mental states and alter brain functions, including hypnosis, sensory deprivation, isolation, verbal and sexual abuse, various forms of torture and, of course, drugging unsuspecting “volunteers” with LSD and other psychedelics.