- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
LSD Experiments: The Confused Cat
This 1960 US military Research and Development progress report film depicts a cat under the influence of a hallucinogenic chemical. These experiments were most likely part of MKULTRA, an illegal and covert mind control program run by the CIA in the 1950s and 60s.
MKULTRA employed a variety of techniques in hopes of achieving the ability to manipulate mental states and alter brain functions, including hypnosis, sensory deprivation, isolation, verbal and sexual abuse, various forms of torture and, of course, drugging unsuspecting “volunteers” with LSD and other psychedelics.