- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
LSD Experiments: The Confused Cat
This 1960 US military Research and Development progress report film depicts a cat under the influence of a hallucinogenic chemical. These experiments were most likely part of MKULTRA, an illegal and covert mind control program run by the CIA in the 1950s and 60s.
MKULTRA employed a variety of techniques in hopes of achieving the ability to manipulate mental states and alter brain functions, including hypnosis, sensory deprivation, isolation, verbal and sexual abuse, various forms of torture and, of course, drugging unsuspecting “volunteers” with LSD and other psychedelics.