- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Cruise Ship Billiards: Gyroscopic Pool Table Stays Level in Rough Waters
Video shows how a pool table on a cruise ship stays level and keeps the balls in place while the ship lists in rough weather.
When the pool table is moving like this, it usually means you’ve had too much to drink. But if you’re on a cruise ship, apparently, billiards becomes a high tech affair as the table keeps itself level despite the rocking of the ship.
From the video description:
This is a video taken by a friend, of the Gyroscopic self leveling pool table on the cruise ship “Radiance of the Seas”, while travelling back from New Zealand in rough weather in December 2011
As the ship moves the pool table adjusts so that the billiard balls don’t move at all, even in rough weather. If you look closely you can see that the balls remain still as the table moves, enabling you to play in almost any conditions.