- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Drone Footage of Russia’s Mysterious Marx Generator
New drone footage reveals Russia’s mysterious Marx Generator Tesla Tower in the woods outside of Moscow.
Named for the German electrical engineer Erwin Otto Marx who invented it in 1926, the Marx Generator “lightning machine” is used to create artificial lightning. So what is this one doing out in the middle of nowhere?
From the video description:
Normally hidden from prying eyes, Ruptly was allowed take exclusive drone footage of the stunning ‘Tesla Tower’ in the Moscow region. The vast research site is home to general enormous voltage impulse generators that potentially have the capacity to equal Russia’s entire electricity output.
Russia claims the purpose of this bizarre machine is to test lightning protection on aircraft, which is just the kind of generic explanation that sparks conspiracy theories of weather control, EMP weaponry and more. Is it a Russian HAARP? Does it transmit electricity wirelessly like Tesla’s tower at Wardenclyffe was intended to?