- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- Milwaukee Parent Wants Teacher Fired for Using Ouija Board in Class
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
What Does Human Flesh Taste Like?
In the latest episode of Brit Lab, journalist Greg Foot get his leg muscle biopsied and cooked to find out what human flesh tastes like.
It is illegal to eat human flesh. Even if it is your own. So to figure out just what people taste like, Greg gets a few small pieces of his thigh muscle removed. He then takes those samples to a lab where they are tested to determine what meat human most closely resembles, as well as the aroma of cooked human flesh.
With this new information, Greg decides to go home and fry up something as close to the test results as possible. Tribal cannibals were known to call human flesh the long pig, but according to Greg, it’s actually a little beefy, a little lamby…and apparently delicious.