- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Save Circus History: Adopt a Wagon at Circus World
Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI launches Adopt a circus wagon program to fund restoration of its historic circus wagons.
Circus World, the original winter headquarters of the Ringling Bros. Circus in Baraboo, Wisconsin, is home to the largest collection of vintage circus wagons in the world. The wagon shop works tirelessly to preserve its collection, keeping the fantastic history alive through the lavish and ornate wooden wonders.
The Great Circus Parade in Milwaukee used to fund the costly restoration and annual maintenance of the wagons. The last parade was in 2008, however, slowing the process to a crawl with nothing but a superintendent and some volunteers to handle the extensive work.
That’s why Circus World has launched a new Adopt a Wagon program. Pick a wagon, help fund its upkeep, and get great perks like circus world passes, wagon photos, fact sheets, and behind-the-scenes tours.
Old Woman in a Shoe circus wagon, 1882
Adopt a wagon from Circus World right here.
Circus World Vintage Circus Wagons