- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Save Circus History: Adopt a Wagon at Circus World
Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI launches Adopt a circus wagon program to fund restoration of its historic circus wagons.
Circus World, the original winter headquarters of the Ringling Bros. Circus in Baraboo, Wisconsin, is home to the largest collection of vintage circus wagons in the world. The wagon shop works tirelessly to preserve its collection, keeping the fantastic history alive through the lavish and ornate wooden wonders.
The Great Circus Parade in Milwaukee used to fund the costly restoration and annual maintenance of the wagons. The last parade was in 2008, however, slowing the process to a crawl with nothing but a superintendent and some volunteers to handle the extensive work.
That’s why Circus World has launched a new Adopt a Wagon program. Pick a wagon, help fund its upkeep, and get great perks like circus world passes, wagon photos, fact sheets, and behind-the-scenes tours.
Old Woman in a Shoe circus wagon, 1882
Adopt a wagon from Circus World right here.
Circus World Vintage Circus Wagons