- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
All posts tagged "Ronni Thomas"
Documentary to Explore the Mad Mind of Carl Von Cosel
Proposed documentary will explore the morbid obsession of Carl Von Cosel with the dead girl he stole from the grave.
- Posted April 5, 2016
Ghosts And Gadgets: Communicating with the Spirits
Morbid Anatomy presents this short film about early spirit communication devices such as automatic writing planchettes with historian Brandon Hodge.
- Posted October 20, 2015
Fragments of Faith: From Religious Relics to Victorian Hair Jewelery
Karen Bachman discusses the strange and romantic art of Victorian hair work and its origins.
- Posted April 9, 2015
The Art of Ryan Matthew Cohn
The Collective Disease: The Art and Artifacts of Ryan Matthew Cohn explores the Oddities star’s incredible personal collection in his museum-like New York home, including his exploded Beauchene skulls, taxidermy, anatomical wet specimens, skeletal articulations, shrunken heads...
- Posted May 22, 2014
Walter Potter’s Curious World of Taxidermy
The Death and Burial of Cock Robin by Walter Potter When Victorian-era English taxidermist Walter Potter’s tiny museum of his own personal anthropomorphic creations was auctioned off in 2003 (read about it in Still Life by Melissa...
- Posted September 13, 2013