- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- Milwaukee Parent Wants Teacher Fired for Using Ouija Board in Class
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
1947 Frankenstein Buick Hearse
Photos of this amazing hearse recently popped up online, and it’s pretty irresistible to anyone who likes weird cars, dead things, or any combination of the two.
According to this Flickr user, the 1947 18-window Frankenstein Buick hearse, currently rotting away in some field in Greece, is a mutant version of a Buick Roadmaster Eight. The description states that it was originally built in Flint, Michigan, and most likely coachbuilt in Greece.
The Frankenstein hearse is powered by a Mercedes Benz engine and has 1956 Chevrolet tail lights and bumper.
Apparently it’s for sale. And ships worldwide.
Someone definitely needs to save this thing from the field.