- Morbid Must-Reads: 2017 Fall Reading List
- Watch the First Teaser From the Lore Podcast Live-Action Series Coming to Amazon
- Exhumation Ends 120 Year Mystery of H.H. Holmes’ Death
- Killed By A Bear: The Story of a Mysterious Gravesite in California
- Sea and Land: Victorian History Book Illustrates the Dreaded and Grotesque Natural World
Steam-Powered Hearse at House on the Rock
Though this hearse looks like an amazing piece of vintage steam-powered machinery, it was actually built in the 1980s by woodworker Mike Olp for Alex Jordan’s bizarre collection at House on the Rock in Wisconsin.
Apparently two were made. One hearse is on display in the Transportation Building, while the other remains in storage.
House on the Rock boasts an incredible collection of rare and sometimes macabre antiques, as well as fantasy machines and other whimsical items produced by Alex Jordan’s crew to fulfill his obsessions.