- The Lost Chapel of Bones in Malta
- The Most Horrific Publicized Case of Exorcism in American History
- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Steam-Powered Hearse at House on the Rock
Though this hearse looks like an amazing piece of vintage steam-powered machinery, it was actually built in the 1980s by woodworker Mike Olp for Alex Jordan’s bizarre collection at House on the Rock in Wisconsin.
Apparently two were made. One hearse is on display in the Transportation Building, while the other remains in storage.
House on the Rock boasts an incredible collection of rare and sometimes macabre antiques, as well as fantasy machines and other whimsical items produced by Alex Jordan’s crew to fulfill his obsessions.