- Cult of Weird Holiday Gift Guide 2016
- The Silver Swan is a Marvel of 18th-Century Clockwork Automata
- The Sweet Hereafter: Honey from Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery
- Watch the First Trailer for the Beware the Slenderman Documentary
- DIY DEATHstination: Win Great Stuff by Digging up Stories from Your Local Cemetery
Steam-Powered Hearse at House on the Rock
Though this hearse looks like an amazing piece of vintage steam-powered machinery, it was actually built in the 1980s by woodworker Mike Olp for Alex Jordan’s bizarre collection at House on the Rock in Wisconsin.
Apparently two were made. One hearse is on display in the Transportation Building, while the other remains in storage.
House on the Rock boasts an incredible collection of rare and sometimes macabre antiques, as well as fantasy machines and other whimsical items produced by Alex Jordan’s crew to fulfill his obsessions.