- Add Some Macabre to Your Fireplace With These Human Skull-Shaped Logs
- Death and Burial in Venice: What Does the Floating City do with Its Dead?
- From Here to Eternity: Caitlin Doughty Explores How Other Cultures Care for Their Dead
- Milwaukee Parent Wants Teacher Fired for Using Ouija Board in Class
- ‘The Butchering Art’ Explores the Brutal Practices of Victorian Surgery
Write for Cult of Weird
Cult of Weird is looking for knowledgeable writers interested in contributing to the growing catalog of oddities and obscurities. We welcome any and all Fortean topics in the form of non-fiction articles or short speculative fiction. We are currently not able to pay contributors, but links, author info and other promotional information can be included.
Cult of Weird aims to feature well-researched articles about unexplained mysteries and bizarre or quirky incidents from throughout history and modern day. Topics include:
- Biographies of unconventional historical figures
- Alternative history
- Fringe science
- Urban legends
- Campfire stories
- Dark tourism
- Paranormal occurrences
- Unsolved mysteries
- Modern artists whose work is strange, dark, whimsical, etc.
- Taboo cultural traditions, body modifications, rites of passage
- Strange festivals, celebrations, and ceremonies
- Funerary practices
- Medical practices
- Quirky inventions
- Speculative fiction (short stories of the paranormal, occult, etc.)
- Film and book reviews*
If you are not sure about your article contact us with details to find out if it is right for Cult of Weird.
Reviews of film, documentaries, TV series, books, podcasts and other media dealing with any of the above subject matter are welcomed.
Cult of Weird is looking for entertaining and enlightening interviews with modern performers, artists, filmmakers, authors, researchers, oddities dealers and other unique personalities involved with any of the above subject matter.
- Articles should be a minimum of 500 words
- Facts should be well-researched and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Include sources where applicable.
- Edit! Articles should have proper formatting, grammar and punctuation.
- Specify the proper category for your article (e.g. Occult, Sideshow, Art, etc.) or suggest a new one.
- Articles should include at least one hi-res, relevant image that you have permission to use, own the copyright to, or is in the public domain.
- Author info: Include a brief bio with preferred public contact info, including email address and links to your website, blog, social media profiles, etc.
- Author photo: Include a portrait, quality photo or illustration of yourself.
Email article, image(s) and author info to: email@example.com
By submitting an article you are granting full rights and permissions to Cult of Weird to publish your article (in full or excerpt), photos and contact info on cultofweird.com and related social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.