The 2013 weird news was filled with flesh-eating drugs, t******e-biting fish, sinkholes swallowing cars and buildings and people having intimate relations with inanimate objects in public.
Here are the top Cult of Weird posts, weird news and media for 2013:
Did giants once roam the Earth? Has the Smithsonian conspired to cover up the existence of numerous archeological discoveries of bizarre giant skeletons throughout the US? Unfortunately the video is no longer available.
J. Nathan Couch, author of Washington County Paranormal and the upcoming Goatman: Flesh or Folklore? takes us on a tour the infamous Waverly Hills, widely regarded as the most haunted place in America.
13. Futuro House
2013 was the year of Necropants. During Halloween the disturbing Icelandic witchcraft tradition of wearing a dead man’s skin to collect coins in his nether regions spread across the internet. At one point the hashtag #necropants was even trending on Twitter.
What else happened in 2013?
- Freak storm covers Egypt in snow despite photoshopped image controversy
- Expedition to Circus World
- Jesus and Mary appear on Google Street View, hailed as miracle
- The first ever naked haunted house
- Adventure to the House on the Rock, filmed the macabre antique coin-op machine The Dying Drunkard
- Found a copy of the 1953 Mystic Eye board game
- Book releases: Walter Potter’s Curious World of Taxidermy, Heavenly Bodies and Mouse: A Taxidermy Workshop Manual
- More Macabre books
- The spider prop from cult classic horror film The Giant Spider Invasion was stolen from a field in rural Wisconsin
- T******e biting fish: Pacu invasion
- James Bond’s submersible Lotus Espirit movie prop car sold at auction for $865,000
- Remains of six bodies found in two cars at the bottom of Foss Lake in Oklahoma
Addams Family in Color
What was your favorite weird news or media from 2013? Share it in the comments below!