Library of Souls, the third installment of the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series, is almost here. Pre-order now so we can all get the calendar!
Pre-Order Library of Souls Now »
The third book in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series is available to pre-order. Of course, we all want to know what happens to the peculiars next, right? The world Ransom Riggs has weaved is strange and wondrous. We want to see more monsters, more amazing abilities, more incredible loops suspended in bizarre times and places.
Speaking of loops, you did celebrate Loop Day on September 3rd, right? Because if you didn’t, I don’t think we can be friends.
Anyway, Hollow City was pretty intense, so I just pre-ordered Library of Souls. And then I clicked over to Quirk Books to submit a screenshot of my receipt for the cool deal that includes a preview of the first 100 pages of the book and a Miss Peregrine calendar featuring more images and other weirdness.
Why would you want to calendar, you ask? You wonder, do we really need to count the passing of days when we’re all stuck in our own endless loops, seemingly reliving the same day over and over and over again? Get up, go to work, loath every second of it, go home, more work, sleep, dream of freedom, repeat. Well that’s exactly why we need to keep track of days – to feel the passage of time.
Also, my own peculiar children may eat me alive if we don’t get it. That’s a very real possibility. Imagine being consumed with off-brand ketchup and a glass of milk. That’s not at all how I imagined it happening.
But the calendar has other exciting features beyond preservation of life! Check out the shiny things it has to offer, as recently outlined by Riggs himself:
It’s a big, beautiful 16-month wall calendar that covers September of this year through the end of 2016. Each month features a different photo from the series, chosen by me, and a relevant quote from one of the books. The design is really nice. Also, the months are peppered with peculiar holidays (some real, some which I invented), the characters’ birthdays, and other fun easter eggs.
So pre-order today to avoid embarrassment when all your friends are celebrating 19th Century Surgical Procedures Day and you’ve forgotten to bring your viscera-catching mat and bone saw to school because you didn’t even know it was a thing.
But here’s the part that’s got me sleeping with one eye open lately: To get the calendar…at least 5,000 people all have to submit their receipts. Currently only 18% of the goal has been reached, leaving an 82% chance I will not live to see the new book hit the shelves on September 22nd.
Searching for Miss Peregrine