Happy World Dracula Day! Bram Stoker’s Dracula was first published on this day in 1897 by Archibald Constable and Company in Britain. Immerse yourself in the life and work of Bram Stoker and take a virtual tour of Bran Castle.
Here’s this week’s roundup of weird news headlines:
- Likening it to an AI-generated Ouija board, Seance AI will conjure up your dead loved ones for closure.
- A giant disco ball, a president’s hair, and other weird things we’ve launched into space.
- Speaking of, have you checked in on Starman’s location lately?
- The strange survival of Guinness World Records.
- A tenth of the human genome comes from viruses.
- Anesthesia can cause disturbing sexual hallucinations.
- A house built from dirty diapers.
- Who is the tallest person in the world?
- See Also: Robert Wadlow, the tallest man EVER.
- You’re probably wrong about Satanists.
- Impressively vibrant moldscapes.
- A mermaid, disfigured dolls, and other creepy things that wash up on Texas beaches were auctioned off.
- How the Cronenberg apocalypse begins: Gene-editing sausages have been approved by the FDA.
- Risking their lives to thrill an audience: The history of American Daredevils.
- Take a tour of the most unusual neighborhood in the world.
- Those homes are reminiscent of the 1960s UFO-shaped Futuro House.
- Buy now, pay when you’re dead: Hell Pizza’s new AfterLife Pay.
- RIP filmmaker and occultist Kenneth Anger.
- Aleister Crowley’s haunted Boleskin House is opening its doors for tours.
- Read more about the bizarre history of Boleskine House.
Cult of Weird Community
Share your art, oddities and weird adventures by tagging your photos #cultofweird