The news will be brief today, as I am embarking on an expedition deep into Weird Wisconsin to the veritable shrine of the bizarre and surreal known as House on the Rock. This also means a stop at the Don Q Inn plane down the road.
So without further ado, today’s weird news:
- Teens in Peru had to be exorcised after playing with a Ouija board.
- In Alabama, a reporter was told her skirt was too short to witness an execution.
- Why we’re hardwired to remember things that scare us.
- Deceased woman gets her final wish: Giant penis erected on her grave.
- Visiting a $50 million ghost town from the 1980s in Canada.
- Why is the Earth suddenly spinning faster?
- First ever video shows how giant squid hunt their prey.
- Hundreds of abandoned, crumbling mansions in the Yucatan are being swallowed by the jungle.
- RIP Nichelle Nichols, Uhura from the original Star Trek.
- Nichols’ brother Thomas was among the 39 members of Heaven’s Gate who committed suicide in 1997.
- What is the causes of the seemingly gravity-defying Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz?
- Supernatural thinking is an important part of being a complete human being.
Giant whale fighting at octopus at House on the Rock