It was a big week for UFO afficionados, with news of a military intelligence officer claiming that the US government has a UFO retrieval program, is in possession of intact craft of non-human origin, and that UFOs trigger a multi-decade cold war.
Let’s get into this week’s weird news headlines:
- Whistleblower says the US government has a UFO retrieval program.
- But his claim is lacking in the credibility department.
- More on the UFO bombshell that wasn’t.
- Body language expert analyzes the UFO whistleblower.
- Good riddance, Pat Robertson.
- Wrong answers only: What was there before the Big Bang?
- On the space between waking and dreaming in Kafka’s diaries.
- AI will lose the war of creativity with humanity.
- People who never forget.
- First known virgin birth in a crocodile.
- A legendary lost city swallowed by the ocean has been found.
- Here’s what happens when a human gets hit by lightning.
- The Pope says Virgin Mary apparitions are “not always real.”
- But what about incorrupt nuns?
- A URL on 800,000 Maryland license plates now redirects to an online casino.
- ChatGPT allegedly falsely accused a man of embezzlement.
- The search for Earth’s hidden mountains.
- In South Africa, the world’s oldest-known burial site has been found.
- Will Cleopatra’s tomb ever be found?
- What did ancient Romans smell like?
- Upcoming MGM+ docuseries promises “new reveals” about Ed Gein.
- See also: Ed Gein on Cult of Weird
Cult of Weird Community
Miniature Bigfoot diorama by Strange Little Lands
Share your art, oddities and weird adventures by tagging your photos #cultofweird