Cult of Weird is always looking for writers interested in contributing true or fictional stories of the bizarre and mysterious. We welcome any and all Fortean topics in the form of non-fiction articles or short speculative fiction.
We are currently not able to pay contributors, but links, author info and other promotional information can be included.
Cult of Weird aims to feature well-researched articles about unexplained mysteries and bizarre or quirky incidents from throughout history and modern day. Topics include:
- Weird travel destinations
- Dark tourism
- Unsolved mysteries
- Historical enigmas
- Bios of unconventional historical figures
- Alternative history
- Fringe science
- Urban legends
- Campfire stories
- Paranormal experiences
- Oddities collecting/lifestyle
- Artists whose work is strange, dark, whimsical, etc.
- Taboo cultural traditions, body modifications, rites of passage
- Strange festivals, celebrations, and ceremonies
- Funerary practices
- Medical oddities
- Quirky inventions
- Speculative fiction (short stories of the paranormal, occult, etc.)
- Film and book reviews*
Reviews of film, documentaries, TV series, books, podcasts and other media dealing with any of the above subject matter are welcomed.
Cult of Weird is looking for entertaining and enlightening interviews with modern performers, artists, filmmakers, authors, researchers, oddities dealers and other unique personalities involved with any of the above subject matter.
If you are not sure about your article contact us with details to find out if it is right for Cult of Weird.
- Articles should be a minimum of 800-1000 words
- Facts should be well-researched and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Edit! Articles should have proper grammar and punctuation.
- If possible, articles should include at least one hi-res, relevant image that you have permission to use, own the copyright to, or is in the public domain.
- Author info: Include a brief bio with preferred public contact info, including email address and links to your website, blog, social media profiles, etc.
- Author photo: Include a portrait, quality photo or illustration of yourself.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Email story, image(s) and brief author info to: email@example.com
By submitting an article or work of fiction you agree to allow Cult of Weird to publish your article (in full or excerpt), photos and author links on cultofweird.com and brand social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.