Top Weird Posts of 2013
The 2013 weird news was filled with flesh-eating drugs, t******e-biting fish, sinkholes swallowing cars and buildings and people having intimate relations with inanimate objects in public.
Here are the top Cult of Weird posts, weird news and media for 2013:
15. Mound Builders and the Giants of Ancient America
Did giants once roam the Earth? Has the Smithsonian conspired to cover up the existence of numerous archeological discoveries of bizarre giant skeletons throughout the US? Unfortunately the video is no longer available.
14. Waverly Hills Sanatorium
J. Nathan Couch, author of Washington County Paranormal and the upcoming Goatman: Flesh or Folklore? takes us on a tour the infamous Waverly Hills, widely regarded as the most haunted place in America.
13. Futuro House
History and photos of the UFO-shaped Futuro houses.
12. Hand of the Mysteries
Occult symbol for the alchemical transformation of man into god.
11. Fred Johnson Sideshow Banners
The highly sought after sideshow banner art of Fred G. Johnson.
10. Vintage Halloween Costumes
A collection of vintage photos of funny and weird Halloween costumes.
9. Time Travel and Project Pegasus
Did a Government-run time travel program send Andrew Basiago into the past where he was photographed at Gettysburg? The video is no longer available.
8. Forehead Grenade X-ray
From the disturbing x-rays file, a man with a grenade lodged in his skull.
7. Harry Flavel House in Astoria, OR
The history of “Hatchet” Harry Flavel and his abandoned, decaying mansion in Astoria.
6. Oddities for Sale: Weird Things You Can Buy Right Now
The Cult of Weird 2013 holiday gift guide to strange and disturbing things for that person on your Christmas list who prefers weird antiques, skulls and taxidermy over more…traditional gifts.
5. Terrifying Vintage Surgical Tools
That was used for what? Terrifying vintage surgical tools from an era before anesthesia….
4. Krokodile: Flesh-Eating Drug
The flesh-eating drug Krokodil from Russia has caused quite the stir this year as cases are being discovered for the first time in the US.
3. Mike the Headless Chicken
The true story of a chicken who survived a beheading and lived happily for 18 months until finally succumbing to death by choking on his dinner.
2. Las Vegas Underground House
Luxurious underground home and fallout shelter for sale in Las Vegas!
2013 was the year of Necropants. During Halloween the disturbing Icelandic witchcraft tradition of wearing a dead man’s skin to collect coins in his nether regions spread across the internet. At one point the hashtag #necropants was even trending on Twitter.
What else happened in 2013?
- Freak storm covers Egypt in snow despite photoshopped image controversy
- Expedition to Circus World
- Jesus and Mary appear on Google Street View, hailed as miracle
- The first ever naked haunted house
- Adventure to the House on the Rock, filmed the macabre antique coin-op machine The Dying Drunkard
- Found a copy of the 1953 Mystic Eye board game
- Book releases: Walter Potter’s Curious World of Taxidermy, Heavenly Bodies and Mouse: A Taxidermy Workshop Manual
- More Macabre books
- The spider prop from cult classic horror film The Giant Spider Invasion was stolen from a field in rural Wisconsin
- T******e biting fish: Pacu invasion
- James Bond’s submersible Lotus Espirit movie prop car sold at auction for $865,000
- Remains of six bodies found in two cars at the bottom of Foss Lake in Oklahoma
Addams Family in Color
The Cult of Weird Tumblr blog saw some unexpected madness with a color photo of the Addams Family set from the original black and white television series. The post currently has 68,686 notes.
What was your favorite weird news or media from 2013? Share it in the comments below!